Question: Can my child petition for me if he or she is a U.S. citizen?

Answer: Yes. As long as your child is 21 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen, he or she can petition for you to receive immigration benefits in the United States. Usually that means that your child would file an I-130 petition, which can lead to residency in the United States. However, if you have entered the United States without permission and you have been in the United States for six months or longer without valid status, there may be additional issues to address before permanent residency—which is a green card—can be received.

Return to Video Library

Helpful Videos

Click Here To Browse Our Video Library

Watch Here

Ask Tracey A Question

Send Us Your Questions Today!

Get Started Now

Wisconsin Criminal Fact Guide

Download Our Guide & Audio Questions

Listen Now