Question: What recourse can be taken in Wisconsin if it is proven that sex crime allegations made against someone are false?

Answer: If it is proven that allegations of sexual assault are false, the first step is to ensure the dismissal of all criminal charges pending in court. Once that occurs, the defendant can petition to the Wisconsin department of justice for the removal of any fingerprint or DNA records in their database related to that case. In some situations, it may be possible to pursue other remedies, such as bringing a civil lawsuit. If you are interested in that, you should contact an attorney experienced in such matters to get further information.

Return to Video Library

Helpful Videos

Click Here To Browse Our Video Library

Watch Here

Ask Tracey A Question

Send Us Your Questions Today!

Get Started Now

Wisconsin Criminal Fact Guide

Download Our Guide & Audio Questions

Listen Now