Question: If you were found not guilty of a crime, is there a way to seal your record or have it expunged in Wisconsin?

Answer: Often, yes. Expungement, in and of itself, as set forth in Wisconsin law, is not possible if there's not a conviction. However, a person can get a record sealed if a case is dismissed. And sometimes—due to fairness, interest of justice—if a case is dismissed, you can get the case sealed and removed so that it's not visible to other people. Often, case law in Wisconsin is not real clear on the subject. But it is possible. A lot of it depends on what you can get a judge to do.

Return to Video Library

Helpful Videos

Click Here To Browse Our Video Library

Watch Here

Ask Tracey A Question

Send Us Your Questions Today!

Get Started Now

Wisconsin Criminal Fact Guide

Download Our Guide & Audio Questions

Listen Now