Question: Can you appeal an OWI under 21 conviction in Wisconsin?

Answer: Yes, of course you can. There are a couple of different types of convictions for those under 21. There is a regular OWI, operating while impaired. There is also an absolute sobriety violation, which the state would not have to improve impairment; they simply have to prove that the alcohol in your system was over 0.0. However, either way those can be appealed. There are always appellate processes. There are strict timelines on those appellate processes on occasion, and that doesn’t mean that there’s ground for an appeal that will be successful, but there is always an appellate route available.

Right-Click Here to Save Audio

Return to Video Library

Helpful Videos

Click Here To Browse Our Video Library

Watch Here

Ask Tracey A Question

Send Us Your Questions Today!

Get Started Now

Wisconsin Criminal Fact Guide

Download Our Guide & Audio Questions

Listen Now